This was such an easy pattern to sew (probably because I didn’t follow the instructions. Pshaw!! Who needs instructions right?!!) that I will be sewing another maxi dress soon. Probably out of purple and white material I got this weekend for $4 / m at Spotlight. What a deal!
Anyway, there was a sticky out piece on the collar band that I just cut off because I couldn’t figure out how it could possibly fit into the dress without it looking lumpy and I DID NOT have time to read the instructions. It always takes me longer to read the instructions than it does to sew the dress. If it’s such a complicated dress that I need to read the instructions it usually ends in grumpiness, frustration and abandonement of sewing.
Anyway, apart from my sewing maching not enjoying the stretch material and spitting the dummy frequently (the bobbin was doing something wierd), it turned out pretty well and I will be wearing this to school tomorrow to show off my hard work. Or in this case easy work.
Here it is in all its glory. Sorry about the crummy model!!
Was actually very quick to sew out of stretchy material. Decided to hand hem the sleeves, neckline and hem so that took a bit longer. Now if the sun would just shine for a whole day I might be able to wear it!!
Here’s a closer view
She also finished a hat but the felt flower was a finishing touch she bought in Melbourne in the Dandenongs. Have no idea how to spell that. Could be Dannenongs . . . Dandinongs . . . Danninongs . . .